441 Gates Hall Cornell University, Ithaca NY Email (Work): aa2538 at cornell dot edu Email (UNM): abhiag6891 at cs dot unm dot edu
I am a Ph.D. student in the Department of Computer Science at the University of New Mexico (UNM). I am currently working with Prof. Jared Saia and Prof. Thomas Hayes from UNM, and Prof. Elaine Shi from Cornell University. I like working on interesting mathematically challenging (the theorist in me!) problems, mainly in the area of security in distributed systems. My research topics of interest are Distributed Computing, with a special focus on Consensus, Security, Randomized algorithms, Resource Competitive Analysis and Machine Learning.
I enjoy writing blog posts on some interesting puzzles that I come across. Please navigate this website to read them. One of my personal favorites is this post where a puzzle relating to linear algebra and Fischer’s inequality is discussed. When I am not busy with my research, I like to spend my time by solving math puzzles, cooking, and traveling. I am also very fond of singing and creative arts.
NOTE: In theoretical computer science, it is standard to list author names in alphabetical order.
- Aggarwal, A., Zamani. M, Christodorescu, M. REMOTEGATE: Incentive-Compatible Remote Configuration of Security Gateways. (arXiv:1709.04569) (2017) [pdf] [talk] [poster]
- Aggarwal, A., Dani, V., Hayes, Thomas P., Saia, J. Distributed Computing with Channel Noise. (eprint.iacr.org:20170725:171227) (2017) [pdf]
- Aggarwal, A., Dani, V., Hayes, Thomas P., Saia, J. Sending a Message with Unknown Noise. (Accepted to ICDCN, 2018) (arXiv:1605.04486) (2017) [pdf] [talk]
- Aggarwal, A., A Similarity Criterion for Sequential Programs using Truth-Preserving Partial Functions. (arXiv:1708.05640) (Part of my) Master’s Thesis (2014). [pdf] [poster1] [poster2] [poster3]
- Jaya, Malik, S., Aggarwal, A., Sardana, A. Novel Authentication System using Visual Cryptography. In Information and Communication Technologies (WICT), World Congress (pp. 1181-1186), IEEE (2011). [pdf]
- Aggarwal, A., Castellanos Joo, J. A., Gupta, D. Beating the Multiplicative Weights Update Algorithm. (arXiv:1708.04668) (2017) [pdf]
- Aggarwal, A. On the Equivalence of Probabilistic Automata: A Brief Literature Review. Technical Report. UNM 2015. [pdf] [talk]
- Aggarwal, A. Evolving Random Sequences using a Genetic Algorithm. Technical Report. UNM 2015. [pdf]
- Aggarwal, A. Probabilistic Programs and their Verification: A Brief Survey. Technical Report. UNM 2014. [pdf]
- Aggarwal, A., Kumar, P. A Theory of Function-Induced Orders to Study Recursion Termination. Technical Report. IITR 2013. [pdf]
- Aggarwal, A., Srivastava, R., Malik, S., Meena, K., Poonam. Virtual Differential Storage Based k-Rollback Concurrency Control Algorithm in Distributed Shared Memory Systems. Technical Report. IITR 2012. [pdf]
- Aggarwal, A., Zamani. M, Christodorescu, M. Remote Configuration of Security Gateways. (Provisional) Patent (US – 62/547,701), Visa Research (2017).
- Distributed Consensus and Blockchains: A Brief Tutorial.
- (Invited talk) NetSec-2018, Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee, India. Jan. 2018. [slides soon]
- How to trust without any trust?. [slides]
- (Invited talk) CITP, Princeton University, NJ. Oct. 2017.
- (Invited talk) MIT-IBM J. Watson AI Lab, Cambridge, MA. Oct. 2017
- Global SDN: Altruistic Attack Prevention. [slides]
- Cornell University, Ithaca, NY. Nov. 2017.
- (Invited talk) University of Cincinnati, Ohio. Oct. 2017.
- (Invited talk) MIT CSAIL, Cambridge, MA. Oct. 2017.
- Visa Research, Palo Alto, CA. Aug. 2017.
- Interactive Communication for Large Networks.
- A Short Introduction to Algebraic Manipulation Detection Codes.
- UNM CS Theory Seminar, Sept. 2016. [slides]
- On the Equivalence of Probabilistic Automata.
- UNM Term paper presentation, April 2015. [slides]
- Recursiveness, Computability and the Halting Problem.
- Graduate Seminar, IIT Roorkee, Sept. 2013. [slides]
- Incentive-Driven Remote Gateway Configuration. Great Lakes Security Day, RIT, Rochester, NY. Sept. 2017. [poster]
- A Similarity Criterion for Truth Preserving Partial Functions. Master’s Thesis Poster Presentation, IIT Roorkee, India. 2014
- Consensus for Sporadic Participation without trusted setup and a folklore reduction from State Machine Replication to Binary Agreement under Partial Synchrony. Abhinav Aggarwal, Elaine Shi. (Cornell University, Ithaca, New York, USA, Fall 2017)
- Remote attack prevention and PKI establishment. Abhinav Aggarwal, Mihai Christodorescu, Mahdi Zamani. (Visa Research, Palo Alto, California, USA, Summer 2017)
- Provisioning an Isolation Manager and Studying the Feasibility of Using Linux Control Groups for User-Level Isolation in Search Queries. Abhinav Aggarwal, Rahul Bansal, Chris Bond. (Google Inc., Mountain View, California, USA, Summer 2016)
- Analyzing Test Frameworks and Dependencies for Porting the PDF-API test code. Abhinav Aggarwal, Ravindra Sushma Bhartiya. (Microsoft India Development Centre, Hyderabad, India, Summer 2013)
- Optimizing VHD (Virtual Hard Disk) Comparison Tool for Dynamic VHDs. Abhinav Aggarwal, Priyank Gaharwar, Vinod Kancharla. (Microsoft India Development Centre, Hyderabad, India, Summer 2012)
- An Arduino Based Hardware Prototype for Audio Level Indication (Opencast Matterhorn Project). Abhinav Aggarwal, Jim Greer. (ARIES Lab, Department of Computer Science, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Canada, Summer 2011)